Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sit on thy hands, child

I got out of ERX Friday intraday and honestly I feel quite stupid for it. I just get very uncomfortable buying anything in a market this over extended to the upside. ERX looked a little troubled intraday and so I jumped ship. After looking at some charts after the close, I had to take a position in NUGT, the 3X GDX ETF. So I sold ERX because I was uncomfortable going long and then I turned around and went long! Oh well, wasn't the first time, won't be the last. At least it was a winning trade. This market is insane right now, the NDX large cap tech closed above last years highs now. As far as I can tell we have open air on the charts now for a good while. We are now possibly going to test some year 2000 levels after the parabolic blow off top. I have to think the market has been targeting the all time highs ever since March 2009. This sucker has just been relentless. I don't know what the futures are doing tonight, I don't usually look at them because I can't buy or sell an ETF right now anyways. I'm kind of curious to see whether we follow through to the upside now on the NDX or whether we drop back below support. Dropping back below probably wouldn't be good at this juncture but we'll just have to see. I would not buy the NDX, emerging markets, COMPQ, DJIA, or SPX up here but for all I know the shenanigans will continue, so I don't mind being long a sector that hasn't gone ape-s*** yet like energy or gold miners. Im out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment